12.11.2010

Theighsed

They told me it would matter how well I did
They said if you fail by standards, you fail in essence
They claimed that to be important, you must not deter from designed paths
and to create your own meant self-destruction
They announced all this under the banner of 'individuality'
but I knew it would only last until being true was no longer a fad
Now I await when this very fad climaxes
and reaching serenity through truth becomes our collective goal
Although when vogue declares the new trend
all will end
and flares will send glaring stares upon the unrelenting

Defining freedom negates it
Dont tell me nudity is freedom
Dont tell me that I am free when im no longer chased by men because I give them what they want without their asking
Dont lie to those who come after me, who have not enough time to think this through
before you bombard them with your images of what should and shouldnt be

Because what I seak is tolerance
I seak understanding of what I wear this for
I need for you to know
That I am fully aware of what I am doing
That I do not follow the whims of fallible humanity
but that I am guided by the greatest force of all
and that He wants what is best for me
So dont tell me I am failing at freedom
Dont tell me that I must conform to be accepted
Dont tell me lies, because my truth sees right through them

No comments:

Post a Comment