9.12.2011

Dear Moon,

I weep at the force of your maddening beauty.

You leave me slowly, until you are entirely gone. But then you slowly return to me, and at your peak, you are the most magnificent creation my soul has witnessed.

You remind me of God's mercy. Even though we may not have the ability to recognize it, it is always there, and proves its existence through every cycle of struggle.

God created you. He created you for more than just serving the purpose of illuminating the dark sky when the true source of light is shedding itself on another world. You were created to tell us humans that God's mercy is endless, certain, and dependable.

I would thank you for being a reminder, but I will thank your and my Creator directly.

All praise is to you Oh God, Lord of the worlds.

No comments:

Post a Comment