12.21.2010

The Greatest Love

Butterflies flutter in someone else's pit
I witness the explosions but am not invloved
I am engulfed but untouched
I can stand here for hours, feeling the longing, feeling the burn
    None of it is mine

It is the projection of an inimitable love
On the mind that lacks it
It is the echo of a fairy tale made real
     Made instant

I stand but float
I float but soar
I am torn
      Empathy or mine?

Time tells me,
It was only my mind playing tricks on my heart
I do not love
But I witnessed one of the greatest loves of our time

2 comments:

  1. mA your writing is something else altogether. you transported me there leena. subhanAllah. May their love only grow stronger.. and may you have a love as true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw this comment sumbul. Thank you. And ameen!

    ReplyDelete